martes, 12 de febrero de 2008

Damaged People

Cameron: According to Freud and paraphrising: "Instinct to love toward an object demands a mastery to obtain it and if the person feels that can't control the object or feel threatened by it they act negatively toward it". Like an eight-grade boy punching a girl
House: I treat you like garbage so I must really like you. Given your Freudian theory what does it mean if I star being nice to you?
Cameron: That you're getting in touch with your feelings.
House: So, there's absolutely nothing I can do to make you think that I don't like you?
Cameron: Sorry, no. I have one evening with you, one chance. And I don't wanna waste it talking about what wines do you like or what movies you hate. I wanna know how you feel... about me.
House: You live under the delusion that you can fix everything that it's imperfect, that's why you married a man who was dying of cancer. You don't love, you need. And now that your husband is dead you're looking for your new charity case. That's why you're going out with me. I'm twice your age, not great looking, not charming, I'm not even nice. What I am is what you need. I'm damaged.

No hay comentarios: